Analyze continuities and changes in the ways ONE of the following regions participated in interregional trade during the period circa 1500 to 1750.
- Latin America, including the Caribbean
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Southeast Asia
- Write three questions that need to be answered to respond to the prompt (each on a separate note card or small piece of paper). Place them in your group's basket when finished.
- Sort the questions and decide which three your group wants to share with the class.
- Submit the group's questions through the Google Form.
- Discuss the results as a class before reading the selection below.
Read page 611-613 in Strayer.
Discuss: What was life like at the beginning, middle, and end of the period?
Each class will work on one Google Doc accessed from the class notes folder in Classroom. Each group will find five facts for their region that will be need to respond to the questions you wrote in the inquiry activity.
- Europe Interior
- Europe Exploration
- Indigenous Americas
- Spice Islands
- Ottoman, Safavid, Mughal
- East Asia
CCOT Statement Practice
Use the Google Doc to write 4 CCOT statements, each from different regions. You'll choose one statement to submit through the Google Form. Use the "How to Write CCOT" on Classroom as needed.