- Explain the innovations that led to increases in agricultural and industrial production
- Identify the reasons for the rise and downfall of cities in certain regions.
- Explain the circumstances of the Red Turban Rebellion.
- Discuss the changes in gender relations and family structure that resulted from the diffusion of Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and Neoconfucianism.
Discussion: Population and Urbanization
Innovations in Agriculture
- Champa rice varieties
- The chinampa field systems
- Waru waru agricultural techniques in the Andean areas
- Improved terracing techniques
- The horse collar
CCOT Practice: Labor Forms
- Read / Discuss: Deed of Sale of a Slave
- Study the labor forms and write a CCOT thesis statement based on the Post-Classical time period. Include the reasons why the labor form stayed the same or changed. Include a group, social movement, or technology that affected the change.
CCOT essay framework
Research: Red Turban Rebellion
Why did the Chinese peasants overthrow the Yuan Dynasty (Mongols)?
- Write a summary statement that includes a similarity and difference between women in Islam and Christianity.